How to Reduce Stress in as Little as 5-Minutes a Day?
There are many benefits to meditating including decreasing stress, improving mood and increasing mental clarity. When meditating, it triggers our relaxation response versus our fight or flight response also know as our acute stress response.
In the fast-paced world that we all live in, taking a few minutes to meditate can feel like taking a mental and physical recess. Meditation can be used as our reset button.
Harvard Studies show with meditation it can change our brain’s gray matter and brain regions associated with our memory, our sense of self, and regulation of our emotions.
Discover how the benefits of meditation can have on your mind and body by trying the 5-minute meditation.
Feel free to share your experience below.
Practice Calm with a 5-Minute Meditation
- Sit in a comfortable position and relax your shoulders.
- Inhale through your nose for five seconds, pause for two seconds, then Exhale for five seconds. Breathe deeply and slowly for 5 minutes.
- Focus on your breath, as you gently breathe in and out.
- Thoughts will come and go. It’s normal. Let them pass without judgment.
- Practice this for 5 minutes and take notice of how you feel:)
Add daily to your self-care practice and notice the changes in your body and mind.
Does meditation help you? Feel free to share your progress in the comments.