What is Self-Care? Simply put, the act of taking care of yourself in order to develop, protect, maintain and improve your health, mental and emotional wellbeing. It doesn’t have to take hours to do, start small and notice how it starts to make you feel.
Self-care can help relieve your stress, prevent emotional burnout and reduce your feelings of fatigue and negative mood associated with stress. Self-care can help you feel and perform your best again! Invest in yourself. You deserve it!
Here are some quick tips to get you started:
- Feeling keyed up? The best way to slow yourself down is to take some intentional deep breaths. Breathing helps to regulate our system, allowing us to feel more grounded and in control
- Take a walk
- Write down or share 3 things you could be grateful for and notice your expansion of appreciation grow along with your mood
- Unplug for at least 10 minutes daily
- Exercise-Release your endorphins and increase your mood
- Eat a healthy meal-nourish your body
- Say something kind to yourself daily, start today
- Take 5 minutes to meditate and calm your mind
- Give and receive a hug
- Eat your lunch outside and away from your desk
- Take a mental break from a task
- Connect with a friend
- Celebrate your commitment to yourself
Minimize the effects of stress on your mind and body and incorporate and design your own favorite self-care practices daily no matter how small. With daily self-care practices, you will start to see, feel and experience results.
Feel free to share your comments below.
For more guidance on life balance and self-care, connect with me at firstname.lastname@example.org